pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

My Last Photos of the PH 501

As my last two posts hopefully show, I was being more brazen about getting rid of the spare parts and bikes that I had left at my parent's place. (Post about parts sold coming soon). But I was on the fence about selling the Peugeot PH 501. It's by no means a rare bicycle that is coveted by collectors. And being ridden a couple times a year just wasn't enough to warrant the space it was taking up. However, it's a bicycle that I've had for a very long time (used it for my very first blog post!), and have put in time to upgrade its parts. And really, it rides nice and smooth.

But then I ran into a chance to sell it at a reasonable price to a person who ran into my Craigslist posts for Campagnolo parts. He needed a lot of Campy parts to build up an old Italian bike, and since I had Campy brakes and brake levers on the bike, I offered to sell the bike as a package.

So here are the last set of photos I took of my PH 501. Since my last post on this bike, I had added a Selle Italia Turbo saddle and Suntour Cyclone derailleurs (front and rear)

1985 Peugeot PH 501



1985 Peugeot PH 501

Campy Record brake
1985 Peugeot PH 501 - Campagnolo Record brake

CTA stem
1985 Peugeot PH 501- "Internal brazing" on this head tube; CTA stem

1985 Peugeot PH 501 - Suntour Cyclone front derailleur; Sugino DG(?) crankset

1985 Peugeot PH 501 - Suntour Cyclone M-II front derailleur (

1985 Peugeot PH 501 - Suntour Cyclone M-II rear derailleur...I swear

1985 Peugeot PH 501

1985 Peugeot PH 501 - Turbo Bernard Hinault saddle

1985 Peugeot PH 501 - Turbo Bernard Hinault saddle

1985 Peugeot PH 501 - Simplex Retrofriction downtube shifters

No comments:

Post a Comment